These stain vanquishing tips from the Coin Laundry Association are sure to have you cleansing your clothes, no sweat.
Promptness, Persistence, and Patience will save your clothes from stains!
- Promptness — treat stains fast, before laundering! Laundering untreated stains can set them deeper.
- Persistence — if the clothing is worth the effort, take the extra time to follow stain-removing procedures.
- Patience — you might need to repeat a process several times to get out tough stains.
Remember to always check care labels on the stained garment before attempting stain removal procedures.
Tough Stain Solutions:
- Rinse in cold water to dilute the stain.
- Pre-treat remaining stain and wash in the hottest water the fabric can handle, using appropriate bleach.
- If the stain remains, soak in warm water and pre-soak product.
Grass, Makeup, Grease/Oil, Mayonnaise, Mustard, Pencil Lead
- Pre-treat stain and launder in hottest water that’s safe for the fabric, using chlorine bleach if it’s safe for the fabric.
- If stain remains, soak in warm water with a pre-treat product. Rinse and re-launder.
- Nail polish remover can be effective on stubborn makeup stains like lipstick.
- Dab the stain with rubbing alcohol and/or spray with pre-treat product or hairspray until wet. Rinse thoroughly.
- Pre-treat stain and launder in the hottest water that’s safe for the fabric, and use appropriate bleach.
Mud, Ketchup/Tomato Sauce, Eggs, Meat Juice/Gravy
- Remove as much dried stain as possible from fabric
- Soak in a bucket of water
- Pre-treat and launder using hot water and appropriate bleach